Few fashion icons have had the impact on style and fashion as Coco Chanel. Her name is synonymous with elegance and style. Her story is one of humble beginnings and a meteoric rise to icon status. Gabrielle Chanel was born in Samur, a market town on the river Loire in France on August 19,1883. She was the illegitimate daughter of market traders who sold buttons and other goods.
A creative artist, milliner and innovator and the creator of the little black dress, Chanel classic designs have passed the test of time.
Eleven Quotes by Coco (Gabrielle) Chanel
1) “The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud.”
2) “Luxury must be comfortable, otherwise it is not luxury.”
3) “A girl should be two things: who and what she wants.”
4) “You live but once; you might as well be amusing.”
5) “I am not young but I feel young. The day I feel old, I will go to bed
and stay there. J’aime la vie! I feel that to live is a wonderful thing.”
6) “Fashion has two purposes: comfort and love. Beauty comes when fashion succeeds.”
7) “The best color in the whole world is the one that looks good on you.”
8) “Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance.”
9) “Dress shabbily and they remember the dress; dress impeccably and they remember the woman.”
10) “Since everything is in our heads, we had better not lose them.”
11) “Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street; fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening.”
Hey, great post! I’m Cameron and I’m very interested in fashion and style. I would really appreciate you checking out my blog and maybe following me back! Thanks!
I have learn some excellent stuff here. Definitely worth bookmarking for revisiting.
I wonder how so much attempt you put to create one of these magnificent informative website.