The house of Missoni’s history spans over fifty years. In 1953 Rosita and Ottavio Missoni established their small knitwear factory. Their collaboration with Emmanuelle Khanh in Paris resulted in the first Missoni show in Florence in 1967. The Missoni fusion of organic fabrics, a mastery of color and motifs – stripes, zig-zags, Greek keys and weaves are signatures of the brand.
Ottavio & Rosita Missoni
Angela took over design duties in 1987 and has updated the brand by introducing florals and denim. She became Missoni’s creative director when her parents retired. The brand has produced a Missoni fragrance in conjunction with Estee Lauder as well as two hotels (Hotel Missoni) in Edinburgh and Kuwait, a children’s collection, furniture line and flagship stores in New York, Paris and Tokyo. In 2006 Rosita, Angela and Margherita received Glamour magazine’s “Women of the Year” award.